Following a contentious push by ruling SYRIZA to merge numerous technical colleges (this) with universities to improve their status, Education Minister Costas Gavroglou proposed Friday that old TEI graduates need to be allowed to take a seat exam to upgrade their current ranges and equate them with those of universities.
To acquire this plan, numerous lecturers can be called to examine curricula of corresponding TEI and university schools to produce a list of the greater courses that TEI graduates will be examined on. This process is anticipated to take at least a yr to finish.
In the cutting-edge academic 12 months (2018-2019), 135 TEI departments were running for the duration of Greece.
Gavrilov’s plan to equate TEI with universities is hostile by way of several better training establishments.
The modern-day pass comes amid grievance fueled by means of a flurry of public zone appointments and handouts heralded via the authorities in recent weeks ahead of subsequent month’s early widespread election.
The contemporary university ranking systems offer a smooth manner for potential college students to see how one group ranks against any other. This can make for an easy manner to peer which schools will offer excellent schooling. At least that is what the ranking device is supposed to do, in latest years although there have been a few criticisms regarding the methodologies used to rank colleges.
What are Admissions Rankings
Before we communicate about what is ideal approximately the present day gadget and what isn’t always, it’s miles essential to apprehend how colleges are currently ranked within the United States. It is likewise essential to recognize that there may be more than one ranking gadget available.
The technique that maximum of us are acquainted with is the ratings which are given by way of the US News. This device has been round on account that 1983, and each year the ratings for colleges change. The US News ranks rankings every organization with a score among 1 and 100, with 100 being pleasant, and that they separate the schools into 4 ranges. The satisfactory schools are listed as tier 1.
The rankings are primarily based on gathered facts that keep in mind the following factors:
• Peer Assessment – Reputation of the college based totally on a survey of presidents, provosts, and deans from other institutions
• Retention – The commencement fee over a 6-yr period, and the retention charge of first-year college students
• Student Selectivity – A combination of records based on test scores of college students, the proportion of top percentile college students admitted, and the student recognition fee as an entire.
• Faculty Resources – Data that consists of the scholar-faculty ratio, the common profits of college members, and the training degree of the college
• Financial Resources – Average tuition charges consistent with-pupil
• Graduation Rate Performance – The distinction between what the predicted charge of commencement was and what the real graduation rate turned out to be
• Alumni Giving Rate – The sum of money obtained from donations with the aid of alumni
The first four elements at the list account for 80% of the full rating. Peer evaluation alone makes 25% of the score, and this is wherein the grievance of the US News rating machine is available in.